Thursday, May 15, 2008

Names that I like

Jordan, Grace, Michael, and Mark....
tee hee hee....
Any Chicago sports fan should easily be able to figure this out.

But if you're dense, I would like to name my 4 (hypothetical) kids after 2 famous sports figures, Michael Jordan and Mark Grace. How awesome would that be!!

The name Jordan could be interchangeable as a boy's or a girl's name. I have it all figured out!

Other names that I like or would consider...Note: I feel that names should have meaning, so every name that I like is in homage to something....

Judy-after Judy Garland, perhaps the most talented singer/actress/entertainer ever
Elizabeth-after Queen Elizabeth I, one of the most powerful female monarchs ever
John-a nice solid name that resists insults-also in homage to John Lennon, musical genius
Robert Charles-after one of me heroes-my late grandfather
Desmond-I like the character on Lost and in the Beatles' song Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da...it's a little too girly sounding to realistically consider though
Julia-from the Beatles' White Album, the name of John Lennon's late mother, but also a really pretty song
Clark-after Clark Gable, but also a good, solid name

1 comment:

Matt said...

Micheal Jordan? Yikes! Who would want to name their kid after someone who cheated on his wife, got his mistress pregnant then paid 5 million in hush money? A great basketball player, but far from a man of great character. I think that should count for something... read for yourself.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/karlaresp1.html