Monday, May 12, 2008

Living Together

I just wanted to dash this off as a response to J-Train. I completely agree with everything you said. Numerous statistics and studies exist proving the inefficacy of cohabiting before marriage. It's not a test drive. It's just...living together, pretending you're married without the responsibility.

My parents didn't live together before they got married. They've been married 33 years. My grandparents didn't either. They were married for 45 years. My other grandparents were married for 52 years.

I myself would like to be engaged before I do such a thing. I don't think it's necessary, but the main reason I would do it is for convenience and because it makes economic sense. I would not go into it thinking I'm prepping for marriage. I see it for what it is: it's just easier.

No comments: