Thursday, March 4, 2010

Beauty Tip

So if you read fashion mags, you'll always see little blurbs about how to get "luminous skin."
Well, folks, I think I have achieved that mythical luminosity. It's really quite fantastic! And it's hard to describe, but I was looking at myself one morning, and I realized that my skin does, in fact, have a glow to it.

My secret?

Moisturizer! (among other things)
Here are my steps:
Morning
1. Around lower eye area: Skyn Icelandic Relief Eye Pen
2. L'Oreal Revitalift Complete Moisturizer with SPF 18
3. Stila Hydrating Primer with SPF 15
And then the eyes:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin
Followed by: a variety of eyeshadows in neutral shades of brown and beige, sometimes with a hint of shimmer.
And: mascara, either Clinique or Yves St. Laurent (in one of two shades: sublime gray, or deep night)
And maybe a touch of eyeliner-Urban Decay or Make Up for Ever Aqua Eyes

Back to the face:

4. Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 in Shade 1
5. Laura Geller Bronze & Brighten Blush
6. Yves St. Laurent Touche Eclait concealer under the eyes.
7. Lip gloss/balm

And Voila!

It looks fantastic! This is a picture from a few months ago taken on the way to work, at about 6:45 in the morning. (I have a long light to wait at to get out of my complex. I was not driving) I think I look pretty luminous here! My cheeks look a bit too pink, but that fades quickly into a more general glow.

Note:it takes about 10 minutes total to do this.
I don't like spending a lot of time getting ready, but I have discovered the perfect way to get my face looking fresh, not overly done, and awake in the morning!

At night:
1. Clean face with makeup remover
2. Wash face with soap
3. Apply Target Up & Up eye lifting serum
4. Apply L'Oreal Advanced Revita Night Cream.
5. Get lots of sleep!
And here's a pic of my products and tools, because everyone likes pictures!