Monday, April 28, 2008

TV Shows that I Do Not Like

I need to make sure that I update this regularly. However, time seems to slip by very quickly, and I find that a week has gone by in the blink of an eye. I think part of the problem is that I do not feel like sitting at the computer when I'm at home. I am on the computer all day at school, and by the time I get home, I tend to be sick of it, so I try to avoid the computer (aside from checking Facebook, of course.) I am glad that FB is blocked at school. It really helps keep me focused. :-P.
Anyway, I have decided to focus this post on Television Shows that I Do Not Like. I realized that I have a lot of opinions about TV shows. I will follow this up with a post on Television Shows that I Do Like.
And now, the Do Not Like List
1. Grey's Anatomy-contrived, silly romantic fluff. I am tired of Meredith Grey and her on again, off again adventures with McDreamy. I really just do not relate to these characters. Complete stereotypes. And it keeps going on and on, with no hope of an ending in sight. I used to watch this show regularly. That was 3 years ago. Now, I avoid it at all costs, and am much happier for it.
2. Desperate Housewives-I don't like a lot of ABC shows. This is another one that I used to watch, back in the day.
3. Friends-I'm sorry, but this show is perhaps one of the most cliched, stereotyped sitcoms ever created. Granted, it is a perfect example of the sitcom formula-all the characters are stereotypes, the humor is bland and inoffensive, the typical romance ties everything together. And, this show really shows its 'datedness'. In 10 years, I doubt anyone will want to watch it. I've never been able to get into Friends, and I've never understood its popularity. I am glad it ended.
4. The Hills, and most any other show on MTV-I don't understand why people watch these pseudo celebrities. I guess I'm too old for this station, because I find most MTV offerings dull and lacking in any sort of imagination or creativity.
5. Everybody Loves Raymond-No. Everybody does not love Raymond. I guess I can lump this show in with EVERY OTHER sitcom that has been on TV in the past 10 years. Three and a Half Men, According to Jim, etc. etc. etc. Not funny. Not engaging. Not my target demographic.
6. The Bachelor-The worst reality TV show ever. These women are pathetic and sad. Apparently, the only thing they want in life is to compete with 20 other women for the "love" of a rich guy. I guess because they all have lame jobs and never tried to do anything meaningful with their lives. I think this show has set women back about 1,000 years.
7. Soap Operas-I just think they're boring and they never end.
8. Baseball on TV-I like baseball, but I do not like watching it for 4 hours. Especially if they go into extra innings. Ugh. There is just not enough excitement to keep my interest.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

I agree with all - EXCEPT Friends. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Maybe you just never were able to get attached to the characters. They rock.