Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sin City!

I just got back from Las Vegas. It was a lot of fun. I was very proud of myself because I did not gamble away my money in the slot machines. And let me tell you, slot machines are very addicting. Not the standard spinning wheel-one line slots...I mean video slot machines,with multiple lines. It is such a thrill to win those bonus spins!! I was up about $17, but of course I lost it all. So I only lost about $20 total on gambling. Not too shabby. Especially because I was playing penny slots!

The BF and his brother, on the other hand, did some real gambling-craps and blackjack. So I spent several hours watching them try their luck. They ended up doing ok-they were up about $90, and ended up losing about $100, which is really small potatoes in a place where people lose thousands. Gambling really doesn't interest me all that much though. I enjoy watching people play and thinking about what I would do, but really, I'd rather spend the money on a new pair of shoes...something I can keep. We also went to some fun nightclubs though, which is more my style.

I just read J's post regarding spending and the economy-well, we certainly did our part this weekend. Although I didn't spend a lot of money on gambling, my companions certainly did. I was also lucky because they bought my drinks. And, I did not have to pay cover at most of the nightclubs. So hooray for Vegas-it is always an interesting time.

Perhaps when I have more energy I will write more regarding my ideas on the myths and illusions of Vegas.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i was wondering why you hadn't updated in a bit - we all have to do our part sometimes! every little bit helps. :)