Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Dream

I am usually pretty bad at remembering dreams. However, this past weekend I had a dream that my local Chevy dealership had gone out of business. I was driving by the place, and the whole lot was empty. There was nothing left. The place that I had gone to only last week to get my tires checked was now an empty shell.

This dream scared me because I just got a new car from said dealership. It's a place that I know well. My parents have gotten cars from there.... The place has been around ever since I can remember-probably over 20 years, although it has changed names since I was little.

This dealership does a lot for the community. They always provide the cars for the homecoming parade at our high school. For prom, they actually raffle off a new car for students who attend the post-prom activity. They host car shows on summer evenings with food and entertainment. They also have displays at our local fourth of July celebration.

Anyway, I would be really sad if this place left. And this dream seemed so real. Perhaps it's because the dealership is next to an abandoned K-Mart lot, but it was quite easy to imagine it all disappearing.

I guess I'm fearful for GM?
I really don't want them to go under. I guess we will see what happens March 31. That's when the government is supposed to respond to the bailout requests.

I can't help but worry.

No comments: