Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nothing in Particular...

I found the lyrics that represent my blog, via Morrissey. Morrissey is a musical SUPERSTAR and I am so sad that I have only recently learned about him. Oh well, better late than never! I remember my flatmates in London talking about him and The Smiths....I remember reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower and the main character talks about making mix tapes with The Smiths...too bad I didn't pay attention. There is a time and a place for everything, and Morrissey fits my life perfectly right now. Anyway, let me explain myself before I cause further confusion.

I was looking for new music the other day, and I was exploring 80s new wave bands. I heard the name The Smiths and I thought "what the heck"...so I began researching on Wikipedia. I discovered that The Smiths were a hugely influential band from England in the early-mid 80s. Morrissey was their lead singer. He has an amazing distinctive voice. I am sure that even if one is not familiar with their songs, one would at least recognize the sound.
The Smiths broke up and Morrissey began a solo career. He is pretty much a legend-and he's only 50!

So, I have been collecting some songs. I haven't felt this way about a band in a long time. My faith in music is restored!
Here are some lyric samples:

I'm so glad to grow older
To move away from those awful times
I want to see all my friends tonight-Break Up the Family

So the life I have made
May seem wrong to you
But, I've never been surer
It's my life to ruin
My own way -Alma Matters

And this, the lyric of my blog:
I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
I am the son and heir
Of nothing in particular
-How Soon is Now

I mean really, it's like a sign or something! A sign that I have discovered my cosmic music connection. or ummm something.

Music is a very personal thing for me and I am very particular about what I like...I am glad that I have found something to represent my current state of existence. Happiness ensues!

No comments: